WORD & POWER for TODAY
6 WAYS TO INCREASE IN GRACE
“but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen.” II Peter 3:18 NKJV
- INTERCOURSE WITH STRONGER BELIEVERS: “Two olive trees are by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left.” -Zechariah 4:3 NKJV
These two Olive trees are the Two Anointed Ones, who supply oil into the golden lamp, so that it keeps shinning! If you relate properly with Higher or Stronger Servants of God, they will pour fresh oil constantly into your life. So that your light keeps glowing.
- INTERCOURSE WITH FELLOW BELIEVERS: “not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another …” Hebrews 10:25 NKJV
When we gather, we share testimonies, we encourage one another, we correct one another, we intercede for one another; and we love one another. In such atmosphere; grace thrives, and increases!
- HABITUAL FASTING AND PRAYERS: “… This kind can come out by nothing but prayer and fasting.” Mark 9:29 NKJV
Many people fast only once in a year! Some, only when they’re preparing to preach, or when they’re in trouble! To grow in grace, you have to punctuate your weeks and days with fasting and prayers! Reduce your eating skills… fast and pray often!
- ADDICTIVE STUDYING OF GOD’S WORD: “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17 NKJV
Testimonies and records of God’s activities are faith-boosters! The Bible is replete with testimonies, and numerous records of what God has done. When you study God’s word often, you’ll find yourself sometimes jumping off your chair, shouting, or praying! Sometimes, worshipping, and praising God. In such atmosphere, glorious transformations take place. Grace increases. Try it!
- KINGDOM SERVICE: “”They shall be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels. And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”Then you shall again discern between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.” Malachi 3:17-18 NKJV
If you are not serving God, don’t ask Him for fresh anointing! Power is for service! “More grace” is for service!
- INTENTIONAL HUMILITY: “But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6 NKJV
God doesn’t strengthen arrogant people, He pushes them back! It is the pride of the proud that always destroys them. You and I must be humble, by ourselves! Don’t ask God to humble you-that’s risky! To the humble, more grace is divinely automatic!